Dr. Barkhaus is from suburban Detroit and has held academic positions in the upper Midwest. He has extensive training in electromyography and neuromuscular diseases. Dr. Barkhaus has authored over 40 original publications, three multi-media books, and numerous book chapters and review articles. He lectures and teaches regularly at international, national, and regional meetings as well as in the academic programs at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - Wayne State University School of Medicine - Detroit, MI (1975)
- Residency in Neurology - Wayne State University School of Medicine - Detroit, MI (1975-1978)
- Fellowship in Electromyography - University of Minnesota - Minneapolis (1978-1979)
- Fellowship in Neuromuscular Diseases - University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson (1979-1980)
- Senior Research Fellowship in Electromyography - Duke University Medical Center - Durham, NC (1987)