Board certified in pediatrics, internal medicine, and pediatric cardiology, Dr. Earing completed a fellowship in pediatric cardiology, with an emphasis on adults with congenital heart disease, and congenital echocardiography, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Min., where he won the American Academy of Pediatrics Young Clinical Investigator of the Year Award.
He completed a combined pediatrics and internal medicine residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, where he won the Outstanding Senior Resident and Outstanding Resident Teacher awards, as well as the Center’s Hero of the Heart Award for showing exceptional care and compassion to patients or families.
He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago, where he won the Cardiology Prize for the student with the best performance in a cardiology course, based on interest, expertise, potential and scientific aptitude.
Education / Training
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology - Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN (2001-2004)
- Fellowship in Adult Congential Heart Disease - Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN (2004)
- Doctor of Medicine - Rush Medical College - Chicago, IL (1997)
- Residency in Pediatrics/Internal Medicine - Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center - Chicago, IL (1998-2001)
- Internship in Pediatrics/Internal Medicine - Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center - Chicago, IL (1997-1998)