Dr. Thomas Ebert is a Professor of Anesthesiology and serves as the Vice Chairman for Education and Residency Program Director for the Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He is a staff anesthesiologist at the Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, where he also serves as Chief of Anesthesiology. Dr. Ebert did his graduate training at MCW, receiving his masters and doctor of philosophy degrees for his work on the effect of age and cardiovascular disease on human baroreflexes. He has done extensive research in the field of cardiovascular anesthesia and autonomic control during anesthesia. Other research interests include obstructive sleep apnea in surgical patients and anesthetic protection from ischemia/reperfusion injury in young, human volunteers. Currently, he is seeking funding to explore the use of diet and exercise to improve the physical status of frail patients prior to elective surgery to reduce post-surgery adverse events. He has published nearly 125 manuscripts and written over 30 book chapters.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1983)
- Residency, Anesthesiology - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1983-1987)
- Doctor of Philosophy - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1980)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship - Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth - Richmond (1980-1981)
- Fellowship, Physiology - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1981-1982)