Dr. Hariharan Shankar is the Director of the Pain clinic at the Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee. Besides his active teaching role for both the anesthesia residency and the pain medicine fellowship programs for which he has received "Teacher of the Year" awards, he is one of the pioneers in the use of ultrasound imaging and lectures nationally and internationally about the use of ultrasound imaging in pain medicine. He has to his credit many abstracts, book chapters, review articles and peer reviewed publications. His area of research is in the use of ultrasound imaging for pain medicine interventions and its safety.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - Stanley Medical College - Madras, India (1982)
- Internship in General Surgery - Stanley Medical College - Madras, India (1983-1984)
- Residency in Anesthesiology - Bangalore Medical School - Bangalore, India (1990)
- Internship in Surgery - State University of New York Health Science Center - Syracuse (2001-2002)
- Residency in Anesthesiology - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (2002-2004)
- Fellowship in Pain Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (2004-2005)